FeaturedWorcester County

Snow Hill House Fire Ruled Accidental by Worcester County Fire Marshal

Snow Hill, MD – A Snow Hill House Fire has been ruled accidental by the Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office.

The Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office investigated a residential structure fire on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, which resulted in significant structural damage and took the life of a family pet.

The Snow Hill Volunteer Fire Company was alerted at 9:25 AM to a fire inside a residence, which was located at 206 Belt Street in Snow Hill, Maryland.

The first arriving fire units observed smoke and fire coming from the crawl space area of the home. Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control and rescued several kittens from the home.

Firefighters performed lifesaving efforts on several of the kittens. Unfortunately, one of the animals succumbed to its injuries.

Fire investigators from the Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was considered accidental and originated from a malfunctioning floor-mounted heating appliance.

The owner of the home, Clark Beatty, was not home at the time of the fire. Snow Hill Volunteer Fire Company was assisted by Pocomoke, Stockton, Girdletree, and Newark fire departments.

© 2022 Eastern Shore Undercover LLC TM/SM. All Rights Reserved.